Focus Saunderton provides one to one visits, drop in sessions and group meetings for young and vulnerable families temporarily housed at Saunderton Lodge. They have had a grant of £7000.
For professional advisers
1. It's good for your business, your clients and the community
Research shows that wealthy people want to learn more about charitable giving from professional advisors. We can help you approach the subject of philanthropy. We can help you become better informed about the role philanthropy can play in estate planning. It can add an important element to the service you offer.
2. It's timely
Each change in your client's financial or family circumstances is an opportunity to talk about philanthropy. By creating a charitable Fund, you can help your clients avoid taxes.
Key opportunities for presenting charitable options :-
- Utilizing disposable income
- Financial planning or investment strategy review
- Realization or maturity of an investment
- Disposing of property or shares
- Disposing of a business
- Inheritance tax, estate and Will planning
- Planning for and at time of retirement
3. Professional Grant Maker and Lender
We are professional grant makers. We understand the needs of the local community. We can target money precisely, both by geographical area and by topic. Groups are assessed before grants are made and monitored to ensure donations are not wasted. Through Bucks Big Society Bank at the Foundation we can also make loans available to local community groups and social enterprises.
4. Service to Donors
We seek to match donor interests with community needs and give them the opportunity to reach small local groups. Donors can send requests for support from local charities to Buckinghamshire Community Foundation who will respond on their behalf. We aim to help all sections of the community. Whatever your client's local charitable interests are we can assist them in achieving their goals.
5. Excellent Knowledge
Buckinghamshire Community Foundation has over 12 years experience of local charities and understand local issues and needs.
6. Transfer of Charitable Trusts
Occasionally trusts decide it is the right time to wind up their affairs because:
- The original charitable objectives have been fulfilled
- Administration has become too time consuming or
- Trustees wish to pass on the responsibility. When this happens, we assume management of long established charitable trusts. We recreate them as Funds within Buckinghamshire Community Foundation. Trustees can choose to remain as advisors to the Fund.
7. Preserve Anonymity
We respect the requests of all our donors. If a donor wants to remain anonymous then a specifically Named Fund can preserve their identity.
8. A flexible alternative to a charitable trust
Each fund is individually named and has set criteria decided by the donor. The Named Fund comes under the charitable status of Buckinghamshire Community Foundation. It is governed by our Board of Trustees. Your clients will not need to set up their own group of trustees. Adherence to charity law will be our responsibility.
9. For Companies
Your client's company can achieve its corporate charitable objectives by making grants to local groups. A Named Fund promotes the corporate brand. Involving staff in the grant making process improves morale and adds value to jobs. We have strong relationships with local press.
10. Giving Back to the Local Community
Your clients have the opportunity to make a real difference to life in Buckinghamshire. With Buckinghamshire Community Foundation, you can help them achieve their charitable aims.